Solar Innovations Releases Course on Mixed-Mode VentilationOctober 20th, 2020 | Category: Industry News
Solar Innovations has released its fourth AIA Continuing Education course with AEC Daily. This course, “Benefiting from Mixed-Mode Ventilation with Operable Skylights, Windows, and Doors,” explores mixed-mode (hybrid) ventilation systems and addresses the issues of building and occupant health by improving the amount of fresh air introduced into buildings.
Including design guidance and illustrative case studies, this course focuses on the cost and health benefits, considerations and drawbacks of these systems, while mapping out ways to incorporate ventilation into building automation systems. To provide the most relevant and complete information possible, Solar Innovations partnered with WindowMaster and its line of window actuators and motors in the creation of this course.
By the end of this program, participants will be equipped to:
- Assess local climate data to determine the feasibility and nature of a mixed-mode ventilation system;
- Select the correct balance of elements to create the most effective mixed-mode ventilation system;
- Improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) while lowering energy demands and costs;
- Design ventilation systems that improve student performance, worker productivity and satisfaction, and personal health and happiness;
- Select the correct automation system for ventilation; and
- Access the relevant codes and standards for mixed-mode ventilation systems.
To participate in this course or learn more about the other courses offered by Solar Innovations, visit https://solarinnovations.aecdaily.com/education.