Simply the Best
If your 2022 has been anything like mine, you’re probably wondering where five months have gone—and wow, did they zoom past me. It’s been a busy year so far, and I’m excited for a lot that’s ahead including the chance to once again recognize some impressive glass architecture.
Glass and glazing products are an important design element in many architectural projects. USGlass Magazine’s Annual Design Awards continue to recognize excellence in those projects—the ones that push the envelope of what’s possible in architecture and design.
The USGlass Magazine Design Awards are open to all members of the architectural glazing industry, including contract glaziers, glass and metal fabricators and suppliers, architects, developers, owners and building envelope/façade consultants.
Since starting in 2019, we’ve seen some incredible projects that showcase unique and innovative uses of glass. I’m sure this year will be no exception. Not sure of what to enter? Think about this. Judges will look for:
- Design innovation;
- Aesthetic achievements;
- Technical difficulty.
Projects will also be judged across several categories including:
- Low- to mid-rise construction (less than 75 feet)
- Highrise construction (75 feet or more)
- Commercial interiors (podium, lobby spaces, etc.)
- Façade retrofit/renovation
- Art glass (architectural glass used as a medium for artistic expression and integrated into a building or urban habitat)
- Structural glass – Facades
- Structural glass – Floors, stairs, fins, beams, etc.
Take a look at last year’s winners here and mark your calendars for July 15, 2022—that’s this year’s entry deadline. You can get all the details and enter here. Winners will be announced in the January 2023 issue of USGlass magazine.